New members this week

I look back on this last week was with great warmth, joy and gratitude.

For a reason unbeknown to me, I received a number of enquiries from people in the area to join the fledgling Cambridge Skills Exchange.  I met many of them, was welcomed in their homes with gallons of tea, coffee, cakes, sweets and warm hospitality.

We have so many interesting, kind and caring people living in walking distance from our home, whose house I have walked past for the last year and have now got to know a little better.
People like Bea on Holland Road,  Liz and Christine on Garden Walk, Pavline on Stretten Avenue,
Sarah on Gilbert Road and Hugo and Thomas on Victoria Road.

All very different in one way but have in common that they love the idea that we are here to help each other by allowing others to shine as well as physically helping someone else. That it is as important to give as it is to take.  To understand what I mean, have a look at the journey of a gem,

No comments:

Post a Comment